Dental Practices

Dental Practices

When it comes to your dental practice, Carter Bond can provide the specialist knowledge and advice to help you deal with the host of legal and regulatory challenges that can come your way. From setting up a partnership or expense sharing agreement, to dealing with the CQC PCT, to protecting your patient base, Carter Bond has the experience and the expertise necessary to help you. We can advise you on all aspects of the law, from Property to Intellectual Property, and everything in between.

What We Do

  • Advise you when buying and selling a dental practice.
  • Help you handle Employed Staff, Associates, and disputes.
  • NHS and CQC Disputes.
  • GDC Representation.

Dental Law FAQs

Buying and selling dental practices.

What is the difference between an asset purchase and a share purchase?

If a practice is owned by an individual or w couple of people then the premises, stock, fixtures and fittings, goodwill and the patient list are purchased. But if a practice is owned by a company, you can purchase the entire shareholding of the company. You will then become the new and sole owner of the existing company.

What is the difference between a GDS contract and a PDS agreement?

The General Dental Services contract and Personal Dental Services agreement govern how dental treatment will be delivered to NHS patients by that practice. 

For instance, a GDS contract is not for a specified amount of time and it gives greater flexibility when taking on of new partner who will then provide services under the same contract. With regards to a PDS agreement, it is a fixed term contract and is personal to the individual or entity who has agreed to provide services under the terms.

What happens to the employees when practice is sold?

If the practice is being purchased as a going concern, all the employees will automatically transfer to the new owner under the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006.

If the entire shareholding of the company is being sold, then you will become a new owner and, therefore, there is no change of employer for the employees and so their employment does not transfer to you and TUPE does not apply.


Sonia Suman

Sonia has worked in the legal sector for over 4 years and assists the solicitors and consultants with corporate and commercial matters.


Reena Popat

With over 10 years experience, Reena has significant knowledge and expertise when it comes to corporate and commercial matters. She is best placed to draft any agreement you require for your business.  

Client Reviews

Dentist Solicitors
Let us take it from here

Call us on the number below or complete the form and one of our team will be in touch.

020 3475 6751